I had fun making my Christmas cards this year. I decided to make them all different so that I could play with some of the toys I’ve been collecting: Silhouette Cameo, Stampin’ Up stamps, embossing folders and thinlit dies and a horde of punches that I no longer have enough room to store! Thank you to my fellow Pinterest users for your ideas and inspiration.
Here are some examples:
The cards above were made with Silhouette Vintage Window Cutouts, Stampin’Up Christmas tree punch, Stampin’Up bird punch and Stampin’Up Wonderful Wreath Framelits for the wreath, the bow, “Joy” and “Noel”.
The cards above where made with the Stampin’Up Delicate Thinlit Dies.
More bird and tree punch cards and some Stampin’Up Festival of Trees.
I hope you have a happy and healthy Holiday Season.
I modified online instructions so that this pop up box card would have finished dimensions of 4.25 x 5.5 inches (A2).
Each panel ends up being 2 1/8 x 2 3/4.
Cut card stock to 8 3/4 x 5 1/2.
Score the 5 1/2 end at 2 3/4 (half way)
Score the long side at 2 1/8, 4 1/4, 6 3/8 and then 1/4 from the end (for the tab).
Cut half way down each of these new score lines to the score line in the middle.
Cut off the small top tab.
I cut 3 sets of 3 pieces of designer paper. Each piece was 1 7/8 x 2 1/2. This covered the three outside pieces of the box, and the three flaps (both sides).
I also cut 2 pieces of designer paper 1 7/8 x 5.25 for the front and back of the back. I think I might omit the back of the box next time so that I would have a place to write something. Since I didn’t I added a flower to the front of the closed card and wrote my sentiment there.
I glued all the panels on my box first since it seemed to be easier with the box unfolded. Just double check that your paper is right side up if it is directional. I then glued the flap – using double sided tape to make sure it stayed stuck.
I cut two pieces of card stock 2 5/8 x 2 1/2 and scored it 1/4 inch from each side for the supports of my interior pop ups. I secured these in place near the top of the opening with double sided tape.
Then I dug up all my punches and decorated. As I went along I kept folding my card to make sure that nothing was going to stick out since I wanted to mail it in an A2 envelope. Obviously this could be done in many ways depending on what you have on hand and what the occasion.
I thought this would be a daunting project but with the help of online tutorials, and once the dimensions were determined it wasn’t too bad. I hope you try it!